- 2 cups (500 ml) pure Castile soap
- 1 cup (250 ml) melted organic coconut oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) organic grapeseed oil, or sweet almond oil
- Optional: For an exfoliating scrub, add 1/4 cup (50 ml) of organic granulated sugar.
- 40 drops of your favourite essential oil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Create a “double-boiler” by placing a glass or metal bowl on top of the pot (but not immersed in the water). Turn off the heat as soon as you place the bowl on top of the boiling water (the water will stay hot enough to complete the next steps).
- Gently melt the coconut oil. Once completely melted, add the grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil. At this point, it will be a lovely light-gold colour and translucent.
- Now add the Castile soap and mix well with a large spoon. As the oils interact with the soap, the mixture will turn opaque and take on a creamy white colour.
- Now add your essential oils. Add them 10 drops at a time until you reach your desired fragrance. Mix well.
- Use a funnel to transfer your body scrub into a clean, reusable soap container.
- Enjoy naturally clean and nourished skin.