Leftover Turkey Pie
Looking for something to do with those containers filled with the delicious remnants of your holiday feasting? This savoury, gluten-free pie is the perfect way to make the most of those delicious leftovers before their best-before date. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so adaptable – just be mindful of portions when you’re swapping one ingredient for another.
- 1 box Piccola Cucina pie shells, (2 per green box
- 1 cup turkey, shredded (other protein can be substituted)
- 1 ½ cups mixed vegetables;(i.e. carrots, corn, peas, broccoli)
- 1 cup gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- ½ cup / to taste cranberry sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, partly bake your pie shells from frozen for 8 minutes.
- After the pie shells are partly baked remove them from the oven and set aside.
- In a sauce pan (if gravy is not very thick and needs to be thickened) bring gravy to a simmer, meanwhile combine water and cornstarch together in a separate bowl.
- As the gravy starts simmering, add cornstarch mixture and continue to simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Remove gravy from heat and add your turkey (or other protein) and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour into pie shells and top with a layer of mashed potatoes and melted butter.
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes (the time may vary based on the oven).
- Once the pie is finished baking remove it from the oven and top with some cranberry sauce and serve!