News & Events
Our response to COVID-19
Your health and wellness is always on our mind
We would like to update our community on the steps we are taking to keep our Vita Health team members, customers and the community healthy and safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are continuing to monitor this situation on a daily basis to remain on top of any new developments.
Our top priority is ensuring the well-being of our team members, their families, and our customers. As a result, we are implementing the following best practices to maintain a clean and safe work environment:
- all workstations and high touch areas, including shopping carts and baskets, are being cleaned and disinfected as frequently as possible
- employees who are feeling unwell are being asked to stay at home to maintain the safety of themselves and others
- we ask that you please avoid shopping if you are feeling unwell
- we have currently suspended all product demos and in-store events as a precautionary measure
- we ask that you practice safe social distancing wherever possible, trying to maintain a one metre space between yourself and other when possible
- we have closed our kombucha growler stations as a preventative measure
- our bulk sections are closed until further notice
- we have shut down the use of our peanut butter stations until further notice
- to help give greater flexibility to our senior shoppers and at at-risk individuals we are encouraging them to shop between 9am and 10am Monday to Friday, as this is when we experience our slowest traffic volumes in store
- we ask customers who are not at risk to please refrain shopping during these times, if possible
- to further support our senior shoppers we are extending our Customer Appreciation Day to include both Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th
- this extension is available to our senior shoppers only
It is important to know that, with the exception of some high demand items such as hand sanitizer which we are working on securing stock, we do not anticipate major shortages in our food supply and we will not be raising any prices. We are currently maintaining regular business hours at all Vita Health locations.
You may experience slower check-out times as there has been increase in-store traffic. We appreciate your patience as we prioritize cleaning and restocking of shelves.
Thank you for your ongoing support and shared efforts to help keep our communities strong and healthy!