Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad
In this easy cherry tomato salad, the fresh herbs and bright dressing highlight the natural sweetness of the summery tomatoes. Elevate the look of this easy salad by using multicolored tomatoes if you can find them.
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Whisk vinegar, shallot, honey, salt, pepper and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil until fully incorporated. Fold in tomatoes, basil and mint. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, about 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON EATINGWELL.COM