Apple Tart with L’Ancetre Organic Aged Cheddar
Time: 25 minutes
2 tbsp L’Ancêtre salted organic butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup light brown sugar
½ lemon, juice only
3 pealed and sliced Cortland apples
4 baked 3-inch (7-8 cm) sweet tart shells
2.5 oz grated L’Ancêtre organic aged cheddar
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Melt together the organic butter, vanilla and brown sugar in a skillet on high. Heat until the mixture is a golden caramel colour.
- Add the lemon juice to stop the caramel from overheating, then cook for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the apple slices and let them fully caramelize. Flip them as they cook so that they are golden brown on both sides.
- Once they are caramelized, spread them out in the baked tart shells. Top each tart with the organic cheddar cheese and broil them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve right away with the remaining caramel.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON FROMAGERIEANCETRE.COM