Waffled Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted red pepper
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 8 – 7 in (18 cm) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked and sliced chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges
- In blender container, place sour cream, roasted red pepper, chipotle pepper, garlic, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease waffle iron and preheat to high. Place 1 tortilla on waffle iron. Top with one-quarter of the chicken, cheese, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Place a second tortilla over filling, and close waffle iron. Cook until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes, continuing to press down on waffle iron if needed during cooking to flatten further.
- Remove quesadilla from waffle iron; repeat 3 times with remaining tortillas and stuffing ingredients. Cut into wedges and serve with pepper sauce and sliced avocado. Serve with lime wedges.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON ALIVE.COM