Creamy tomato cashew pasta
- 2 cups dry rigatoni, or pasta of choice
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- 3 Tbsp Nuts to You Cashew Butter
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: capers or olives
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- Before draining pasta, reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water in a small bowl.
- Drain pasta and pour back into pot.
- Add capers or olives if desired, cover with lid, and set aside to keep warm.
- Add Cashew Butter to the reserved pasta water and whisk together until well combined. Stir in tomato sauce and nutritional yeast. Add mixture to pasta, stirring until it is well coated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with fresh basil or grated cheese if desired.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON NUTSTOYOU.CA