Curry Veggie Quiche
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- 2 Piccola Cucina 8 inch Unsweetened Almond Pie Shells (if using 1 crust, halve recipe, trust us, you’ll want two)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cooked, sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, cooked, sliced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon curry paste or powder (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take frozen raw pie crust out of freezer and bake for 10 minutes in oven until crust is slightly golden. If using par-baked pie crust, set aside. (I find pre-baking the shells create a sturdier crust that reheats very well.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and saute asapragus, red bell pepper and onion over medium heat until tender (about 8 minutes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk and curry paste (or powder).
- Add half of vegetable mixture to each pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON PICCOLACUCINA.CA