Green Detox Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup kale or spinach, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add sweet potatoes and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then add broccoli and kale. Add bay leaf, salt and pepper. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add parsley, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Transfer mixture to a blender and carefully blend until smooth. Blend in batches if necessary to avoid overfilling the blender. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to blend the soup directly in the pot. Taste and season with more salt and/or nutritional yeast of desired.
- Transfer soup to bowls and garnish with olive oil and parsley leaves.
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BRAGG.COM