Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd's pie is a family favourite that can be your go-to for holiday leftovers. This recipe is a really fun, re-designed modern version that’s vegan and gluten free!
- 1 can Amy's Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 150g sprouted lentils, cooked
- 3 medium white potatoes, cooked with skin on
- 120g almond milk
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- 150g leeks, shaved
- 150g Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Pour one can of Amy’s Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup into a saucepan and add the sprouted lentils. Warm the soup over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- In a small pan, mash the potatoes then add almond milk and vegan butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, sauté the leeks and Brussels sprouts in olive oil over medium heat until slightly crispy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the soup mixture on the bottom of a medium-size baking dish.
- Layer the potatoes over the soup mixture.
- Top with the sautéed leeks and Brussels sprouts.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 5-7 minutes then serve immediately.
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON AMYSKITCHEN.CA