Mrs. Ely's Brown Sugar Ice Box Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours
Servings: 55-60 bite sized cookies
- 1⁄2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1⁄2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Shredded Coconut divided
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and kosher salt. Mix until just combined. Add 1 cup shredded coconut and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a large sheet of parchment or waxed paper, lightly floured to prevent sticking. Divide dough into three even portions, shaping each into a solid 10-inch log. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper and chill at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days. Repeat with two remaining portions of dough.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Slice the cookies 1⁄4-inch thick. Space on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle cookie tops with remaining 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut. Bake until the centers are set and the edges are just beginning to color, 8–9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating, or enjoy as is. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON: BOBSREDMILL.COM