- 5-HTP 100 with B6 & Mag
- CanPrev's 5-HTP 100 is sourced from the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia and enhanced with Vitamin B6 and Magnesium which are important cofactors to help the body convert and utilize 5-HTP.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a compound made in the body from the amino acid, tryptophan, that you get from eating protein-rich foods. Once in the 5-HTP state, it goes on to form serotonin, the neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood and behaviour, and then is further metabolized into melatonin. Yes, you can depend on tryptophan as a precursor to the development of serotonin, (think protein-rich hot chocolate before bed) but research has shown 5-HTP to be much more efficient at delivering the feel-good hormone to the brain.
- Helps to promote healthy mood balance, relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia and reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a prophylactic. Can be taken as a sleep aid.
- Each capsule contains 5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan)100mgMagnesium (magnesium bisglycinate)60mgVitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl)33.3mg
- Non-Medicinal: Vegetable-grade magnesium stearate, vegetable capsule, microcrystalline cellulose.
- Adults - Take one (1) capsule three (3) times per day with food or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. For use as a sleep aid, take one (1) or two (2) capsules 45 minutes before bedtime or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. To minimize the risk of gastrointestinal side effects, start dosing at one (1) capsule, one (1) to two (2) times per day, and slowly increase to the effective dose over a 2-week period.